Google Universal Analytics allows importing costs data from any marketing platform (facebook, bing, twitter, etc.). In order to start using this feature you need to create at least one data set for cost data import (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6064692#step_by_step) in the Google Analytics property.
Follow these steps to configure your first data set.
- Sign in to Google Analytics with the link https://analytics.google.com/.
- Click Admin
- Select the account and the property to which you want to upload data.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Data Import. This displays the Data Sets page.
- Then Click Create.
- Select Cost Data as Data Set type
- Provide a name for the data source (for example, "Facebook Data").
- Select one or more Views in which you want to see this data.
- Click Select Key and check all the available options for both optional and required fields.
- Change Import behaviour from Summation to Overwrite
- Click Save
- After you have created the data set for cost data you can upload your costs data in CSV format or configure your automated Facebook to Google Analytics data importer here www.kl82.com/services/facebook-google-analytics-import
If you could not follow this steps or find this instruction too tricky contact us in order to get help with your configuration.